My friend mentioned a magazine that came to him in the mail a few weeks ago. He didn’t sign up for the magazine and he’s not sure why it was delivered but it had his name on it so it was a little odd. Nonetheless, he saw a great deal in it he thought I’d be interested in so he gave me the magazine and I read through it. It’s a pretty good travel magazine with a bunch of great articles, photos, and everything related to traveling in general.
Budget Magazine publishes 8 issues per year and it’s only $12 per year so it’s a little more than one dollar per issue. I signed up to receive it myself so I’ll start posting good deals and interesting articles that I find in it.
The March/April 2012 issue has a few good reads:
– A Coffee Addict’s Guide to the World which talks about coffee from Mexico, Vietnam, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United States, Ethiopia, Ireland, India, and Italy.
– Dream Trips… 1) Walking on a Volcano in Hawaii, 2) A Night Under the Desert Stars in India, 3) The Life and Death of a Glacier in Alaska, 4) Snorkeling and Sunbathing at the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, 5) Skiing in the Summer in Chile
1) 13-Night Turkish Delight tour from $1,399 including airfare from NYC, all hotels, all ground transportation, daily breakfast, 11 dinners.
2) 6-Night Ireland trip from $949: “This six-night trip lets you design your own Irish Itinerary. You’ll start off with a night in Dublin, followed by four nights in your choice of bed-and-breakfasts throughout the Irish countryside-and the rental care to get you to them. Finally, you’ll spend a night at the Ritz-Carlton Powercourt, situated in coastal Wicklow, a.k.k. “the garden of Ireland.” The deal also covers airfare from New York and the seven-day manual car rental.”
3) 6-Night Kenya Safari tour from $2,149 offered by Friendly Planet: “After exploring the Masai Mara National Reserve (home to gazelles, cheetahs, and more than 450 other animal species) and dining at Nairobi’s famous Carnivore Restaurant (where you can choose from offerings including ostrich and crocodile meat), you’ll know a thing or two about where the wild things are. This six-night trip starts off with a two0night stay at Nairobi’s Intercontinental Hotel. During your time in the city, you’ll be able to tour the house and farm that once belonged to Out of Africa author Karen Blixen. Next, you’ll move on to lakeside Naivaisha Sopa Resort for a one-night stay complete with a wildlife-viewing cruise, and then on to Keekorok Lodge for a two-night stay, with three included safari excursions in the Masai Mara. The trip returns to Nairobi for a final night and the farewell feast at the Carnivore. The package also includes round-trip airfare from NYC, daily breakfast, three lunches, and four dinners. Add $160 for airport taxes and the Kenya visa fee.”
4) 6-Night Sri Lanka trip from $1,699, including international flight from NYC, hotels, ground transportation, daily breakfasts.
5) 7-night Australia trip from $2,249. Includes international airfare from Los Angeles on Qantas Airways, airport-to-hotel transfers, and all taxes. It’s a great deal because it includes airfare on Qantas Airways which is a great airline rather than using the cheapest available. The hotel is in a great location and the trip includes a sightseeing tour and a cruise on the Sydney Harbor.